Prevention is Preferable To a Cure
Fitness and prevention are foremost in all of our activities and treatments. Under our expert watch, you will learn individualized strength-building and cardiovascular exercises to keep you feeling your best.
Follow these five golden rules to maintain optimum health.
Practical tip No. 1: Stretching before exercise has been proven to show no significant increase in performance, but, stretching after exercise is a must for proper muscle health.
- Always hold a stretch for at least 30 seconds
- Do not bounce during a stretch
- Remember to use proper form to increase range of motion
- Stretch after the muscle has been warmed up
- Hydrate your muscles with plenty of good ol' H2O
Practical tip No. 2: Sanitizing your exercise equipment after each you can help keep you healthy.
DOs and DON'Ts
- Keep a spray bottle of sanitizing solution in your work out area
- Always use a washable towel to wipe of equipment
- Make sure the products you decide to use will not harm your equipment
- Always wash your hands when finished
Practial tip No. 3:Balance is the key to healthy living
Proper diet with proper exercise and stress free living
- Eat a diet that works with your lifestyle, but is nutritious
- Use suppliments when you know your diet is not in balance
- Strength Training should be done 2 to 3 times a week
- Cardio workouts should be performed every day for at least 30 min
- Take time to quiet your mind, even if it is only for 5 minutes a day
Practial tip No. 4:Exercise should be fun
Fun ways to exercise
- Dance around the room to your favorite song will give you a few minutes of cardio exercise
- Challenge your mate to see how many crunches you can do during TV commercials
- Grab your child and roll in a bear hug around the floor
- Make up silly songs while you lift weights
- Join a sports league for your best friend to motivate each other
Practical tip No. 5:Healthy eatting is tasty and fun to prepare
How to make cooking fun
- Find your favorite foods and learn a new way to prepare them.
- Let the kids help you prepare the meal with good music in the background
- Have the kids decide what healthy foods to eat, and let them cook
- Make it a color coded meal. Try to have everything from each food group match in color
- Cook with a friend